Scholarship Awards within the Foreign Development Assistance Programme for students from developing countries.
The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic.
These so called Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study:
1) in follow-up Master study programmes plus one-year preparatory course of the Czech language (which is combined with other field-specific training). Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from Bachelor's degree courses who can enrol only in study programmes in which instruction is given in the Czech language. Depending on the subject area, applicants are normally required to sit entrance examinations at the higher education institution concerned. Successful passing of entrance examinations constitutes a precondition for the scholarship award;
2) in follow-up Master study programmes or Doctoral study programmes. Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from Bachelor or Master study programmes, respectively, who enrol in study programmes with instruction in the English language.
Terms and conditions:
- The scholarships are dedicated solely to promoting the studies of adults who are foreign nationals from developing third countries in need. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permanent residence permit in the territory of the Czech Republic may therefore apply for a scholarship. Furthermore, the scholarships may not be granted to persons younger than 18. (The applicant has to have reached 18 at the latest as of 1 September of the year when s/he commences studies in the Czech Republic.)
- Language and preparatory studies for Czech study programmes (one-year long; only for those who have applied for a scholarship to study in the Czech language) – provided for by the Institute for Language and Preparatory Studies of Charles University
- Students may be admitted to a Master’s study programme that follows up on a Bachelor’s study programme only if they have duly completed a Bachelor’s study programme or Students may be admitted to a Doctoral study programme only if they have duly completed a Master’s study programme.
- A scholarship of the Government of the Czech Republic for studies in the English language may only be granted if the applicant has a good command of English. An applicant for a scholarship of the Government of the Czech Republic is obliged to sit an online entrance English language test in the course of his/her application submission.
For more inofmation follow the website of the Ministry of education, Youth and Sport of the Czech Republic: http://www.msmt.cz/mezinarodni-vztahy/stipendia-vlady-ceske-republiky-rozvojove-zeme-1?lang=1&ref=m&source=email or programme document here: http://www.msmt.cz/file/48032/.