In agreement with its long-term international strategy CULS has established a Global Engagement and Partnership Section (GEPS) under International Relation Office. Developing strong collaborations is a key factor in CULS networking strategy and the GEPS is working to create a supportive environment for building collaborations with international partners and organizations.
- Create a space for networking and connecting CULS and its employees with relevant actors (within international organizations and NGOs with a global-scope in particular).
- Reinforcing the international prestige and recognition of the CULS as well as increasing its visibility by transferring experience, contacts and success stories.
- Mapping and identifying relevant opportunities for CULS.
- Long-term high quality partnership development and their expansion.
GEPS intends to collaborate with:
- Food and Agriculture Organization
- United Nations Development Programme
- United Nations Environment Programme
- World Health Organization
- World Bank
- World Food Programme
- International Centre for Migration Policy Development
- Global Environment Facility
- International Union for Conservation of Nature
- International Fund for Agricultural Development
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- International Renewable Energy Agency
- Sustainable Energy for All
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership
- International Solar Alliance
- International Energy Agency
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- World Trade Organization
- Young Professionals for Agricultural Development
- Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences
- International Young Naturefriends
- BCFN - Barilla Center for Food and Nutrition
Libuše Valešová, Ph.D.
In 2017 Libuska graduated with a PhD. from the FTA at CULS. Throughout her studies, she was a part of several development projects supported by Czech Development Agency (CDA) and worked as the general coordinator of summer schools in Sumatra island. Since 2016, she has been assuming the role of Regional Coordinator for YPARD Europe - regional branch of YPARD - Young Professionals for Agricultural Development hosted by FAO, CAAS, FARA and CULS. YPARD is an international movement which enables young professionals from all over the world to realize their full potential and contribute towards innovative agricultural development. Besides this mission, she has also joined the SIMPLE project supported by EC and currently assists in evaluating its outcomes and participates in the project activities.
“The active engagement of CULS in current global debates, particularly in the field of agricultural innovations, food security and climate change, is a key strategy for reinforcing its recognition at an international level. We will create a bridge between international organizations initiating such debates and relevant CULS experts. Existing partnerships will be nourished and GEPS will help to create such environment which helps to deliver new and interesting opportunities for CULS and its experts.“ Libuše Valešová
Hynek Roubík, Ph.D.
Hynek is a graduate from the Czech University of Life Sciences Prague. He has participated in a number of projects abroad (i.e. Vietnam, Cambodia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Armenia and others) funded by European funds and supported by CzDA. He also studied in Scotland, Indonesia and Vietnam. During 2015-2016 he led the Student Chamber of the Council of Higher Education Institutions and was also Vice-Chairman of the Council of Higher Education Institutions. He has also been a member of the international assessment panels of doctoral study programs in Life Sciences in Croatia and Estonia.
“In order to keep pace with never-ending progression, we want to establish thematic networks aligned with major global challenges in Life Sciences field. We want to bring the best of the world to the Czech University of Life Sciences Prague and the best of our university to the world.” Hynek Roubík.