The Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS) is a network of leading universities cooperating in the fields of Natural Resource Management, Agricultural and Forestry Sciences, Life Sciences, Animal Sciences, Food Sciences, and Environmental Sciences. Czech University pf Life Sciences is a member of ELLS since 2007.
- International Master Programmes
- Summer Schools/Intensive Programmes
- Student Exchange
- Grants and Awards
- International Networking
- Joint Teaching and Lecturer Mobility
ELLS member universities
- BOKU - University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
- SCIENCE - University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Science
- SLU - Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- UHOH - University of Hohenheim
- WUR - Wageningen University and Research Centre
- CULS - Czech University of Life Sciences Prague
- WULS-SGGW - Warsaw University of Life Sciences
ELLS international partner universities
- CALS - Cornell University, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Ithaca, New York, USA
- CAU - China Agricultural University, Beijing
- HUJI - Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Robert H. Smith Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment
- LU - Lincoln University, New Zealand
- The ELLS Board consists of Rectors and/or Vice Rectors from the 7 member universities and 2 members of the ELSA student association.
- Currently, ELLS Presidency and ELLS Board Secretariat is chaired by the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.
- The ELLS Board meets 2x a year (ELLS Spring meeting and ELLS Conference).
ELLS Task Force
- The ELLS Task Force is a consultative committee, which submitts new proposals to the ELLS Board, in close cooperation with ELLS Subject Areas,ELLS Support Teams, and ELSA student organisation
- ELLS Task Force meets 2x a year (ELLS Spring Meeting and ELLS Conference) and holds 3 - 4 video link meetings in a year (together with ELLS IRO Support Team)
- ELLS Task Force has 7 members from the partner universities.
ELLS Subject Areas
Information on ELLS Subject Areas and their activities can be seenHERE
ELLS Support Teams
The ELLS Support Teams are consultative and executive teams of experts from 7 ELLS University.
The ELLS Support Teams meet 2x a year (ELLS Spring Meeting, ELLS Conference) and also 3 - 4 times a year during video link conferences.
ELSA Student Association
The Euroleague Student Association (ELSA) is an organisation in which students from each of the ELLS member and partner universities are working together to enhance student mobility as well as stimulate international cooperation and cultural understanding.
The goals of ELSA are to strengthen the cooperation of the universities, to bring students together and to give them the opportunity to work in an international context. More information HERE
ELLS Student Scientific Conferences
The ELLS Scientific Students Conferences (SSC) give students the opportunity to present their research projects or thesis to a broad international audience. The themes of the conferences are different every year, but can be seen from any discipline in the life sciences. Next to the possibility for students to learn from each other, scientific experts are present to give critique to the students’ presentations and to give insight in their field of expertise. The conference is a way to formally and informally engage with fellow students and experts.
THE 2015 EDITION OF THE ELLS STUDENTS SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE WAS HOSTED BY CULS PRAGUE (INFO)
THE 2016 EDITION OF THE ELLS STUDENT SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE WILL BE HOSTED BY THE UNIVERSITY OF HOHENHEIM (IN NOVEMBER 2016)
MORE INFORMATION HERE
Contact CULS Prague:
ELLS Support Team IRO
Jaromir Nemec firstname.lastname@example.org ; +420 224 382 072
ELLS Summer Schools 2016
Each year ELLS organises summer schools and intensive programmes for students from all members universities.
More information on ELLS summer schools in 2016 can be found HERE
NOTE: ELLS summer schools are open only for students enrolled in the current academic year. Erasmus students and international exchange students are not elligible.
ELLS Contacts at CULS Prague
ELLS Board - Professor JIří Balík email@example.com
ELLS Task Force - Associate Professor Michal Lošťák firstname.lastname@example.org
ELLS Support Team IRO - Jaromir Nemec email@example.com
ELLS Support Team E-learning - Petr Benda firstname.lastname@example.org
ELLS Support Team Quality Assurance - Karel Nemejc email@example.com
ELLS Subject Areas
- Animal Sciences - Radko Rajmon firstname.lastname@example.org
- Economics and Management - Karel Tomšík email@example.com
- Environmental Sciences - Svatopluk Matula firstname.lastname@example.org
- Insect Ecology - Marek Turčáni email@example.com
- Landscape Architecture and Spacial Planning - Peter Kumble firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organic Agriculture - Ivana Capouchová email@example.com
- Safety in the Food Chain - Lenka Kouřimská firstname.lastname@example.org